Female Fertility Issues
Regulating your menstrual cycle
Stress levels and your emotional wellbeing
Clinical experience suggests acupuncture helps in the following ways
- increases blood flow to the uterus and thickens uterine lining
- improves ovarian function and egg quality
- regulates and balances hormone levels for improved follicular response
- relaxing the body to decrease stress and anxiety
- reduces the side effects of drugs used in IVF
- lessens the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation in women with PCOS
- decreases the chances of miscarriage
Initial studies showed that success rates of IVF almost doubled when acupuncture was incorporated on the day of embryo transfer. More recently it has been found that acupuncture in the weeks before egg collection and transfer has a beneficial effect on stress hormone levels, as well as a higher pregnancy and live birth rate.
Chinese medicine can also help to treat male reproductive health, improving sperm count, quality, morphology and motility, as well as general wellbeing through what can be a stressful process.
How many treatments will I need? Explained here>>